Last month the G&C Plumbing and Heating crew took a road trip to New Jersey to complete a two-day training on Navien boilers and tankless water heaters. They are pretty pumped about what they learned and are now certified and trained to install and service all Navien products. Here’s what they had to say about the experience.
Navien – A global leader in energy efficient and water saving technology
“This brand is the top of the line,” said Greg Sheck, Grand Master Plumber from G&C. “We spent approximately 14 hours in lectures and in hands-on and interactive product training to become experts in this amazing technology for our clients.”
Navien was an early leader in developing condensing technology for boilers and water heaters. What makes them so unique is the systems use condensing technology to maximizes energy savings by capturing additional heat from the flue gasses (that is conservation thinking down to the molecular level). As a result, energy consumption and greenhouse gases are significantly reduced with Navien products and the tankless technology also saves water and energy by only heating water when you need it.
“We took a road trip to New Jersey because we care about keeping up with top-of-the-line products and knowing how to install and service them, but it was also a great teambuilding experience,” said Brandon Sheck, Greg’s top-notch plumbing son.
What impresses Greg and Brandon most about Navien boilers and tankless water hearts is the NPE-Advanced ComfortFlow® technology used for continuous hot water. “This design looks and acts like something you’d see on a space station,” said Brandon. These were his favorite highlights:
- The internal recirculation pump and buffer tank,
- It earns up to 3 Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) points with recirculation,
- It lowers the Home Energy Rating (HER) index score,
- It’s Wi-Fi enabled with NaviLink®,
- It has an optional HotButton™ on demand control kit, and
- It was the 2013 Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating (AHR) Innovation Award Winner.
Here is where the guys totally nerd out on you…
“I was very impressed how the system incorporates a built-in insulated buffer tank and recirculation pump,” said Greg. “The buffer tank eliminates that bunched-up cold water you often get when you first turn on some on-demand heaters.”
“I think clients will like that the system has similar technology to the popular Nest in that it uses NaviLink™ module to connect to any new Navien NPE series tankless water heater, NCB-E series combi-boiler, NHB series and NFB series boiler so you can turn a unit on or off, change the water temperature, monitor system status and even activate the recirculation system on the NPE-A tankless water heater,” continued Brandon.
Naiven Products the Guys Totally Love
So, now that the G&C team is certified to install and service all Navien products (and maybe a bit obsessed about the technology), here are a couple for you to check out
- Navien NPE-A and NPE-S units replace inefficient tank heaters, saving water, natural gas and electricity with added benefits of endless supply of hot water, lower maintenance costs and longer product life. You can cascade up to 16 units in side by side or back to back configurations. The Ready-Link Manifold System provides everything an installer needs for a side-by-side wall-mounted application, side-by-side floor-mounted rack application or floor-mounted back-to-back applications.
- Navien NCB-E is the first high efficiency condensing combination boiler with the capacity to supply both heat and domestic hot water for larger homes — enough hydronic heat for a whole house, plus hot water to run two showers and a dishwasher all at the same time.
Want more information about Navien boilers and tankless water heaters? Call the guys at G&C Plumbing and Heating today – they learned more about these technology wonders than in two days than most kids learn in a year at school! (Happy Back to School, by the way!)