Last time we talked about your heating system miraculously making it through the wicked winter of 2017. We all agreed it was your heater’s last stand, and that now is the perfect time to replace that sucker even though you don’t want to talk or even think about turning on the heat. The guys at G&C Plumbing and Heating get it, it’s summer and warm, but let’s find the best way to outfit your home with a new system while this warmth lasts.
Get this, when you replace inefficient and old (AKA: barely hanging on, it’s a miracle we didn’t freeze to death in February) heating equipment, you may be eligible for rebates of up to $3,250 through the Mass Save Program.
“Mass Save is a collaborative of gas and electric utilities, and service providers that give people a hand in making energy efficient upgrades by providing a range of services, rebates, incentives, trainings, and information,” said Greg Sheck, the Grand Master Plumber and heating system extraordinaire from G&C.
This means Mass Save can help you pay for your new heating system! Who doesn’t like free money?
According to Mass Save, “Massachusetts has earned top ranking as the #1 state in the nation for energy efficiency according to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE).” (We copied that from their website, along with the following lists:)
How to Participate
- To see if you’re eligible for an early heating or cooling equipment replacement rebate, contact us at 866-527-SAVE (7283) to schedule your no-cost Mass Save Home Energy Assessment or Site Visit prior to removing your old equipment and installing your new efficient equipment.
- If you are only interested in the early central A/C or central heat pump rebate, you may contact an Airflow and Charge Check (AC Check) Trained Contractor to verify eligibility.
- Please note if you are interested in using the HEAT Loan to finance the new equipment, you must have a Home Energy Assessment.
- If your equipment is eligible for the early replacement rebate, you will receive the rebate form from your Energy Specialist or AC Check Trained Contractor. The new equipment must meet or exceed the efficiency requirements listed above.
- Rebates and other required documentation can be submitted online or by mail.
Please allow six to eight weeks for rebate payment after our receipt and verification of all paperwork and/or site inspection.
Rebate Eligibility Requirements
Natural Gas, Oil and Propane Heating Systems:
- Fuel switching/conversion (i.e. oil to gas) is NOT eligible for this offer.
- Distribution change/conversion (i.e. forced hot air to forced hot water) is NOT eligible for this offer.
- Must be a Massachusetts residential natural gas or electric customer of Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas, Cape Light Compact JPE, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid or Unitil.
- Municipal Electric customers must heat with natural gas provided by a participating Gas Utility.
- Customer must complete a Mass Save Home Energy Assessment or Site Visit prior to replacing their heating equipment. The existing equipment must be functional and fueled by natural gas, propane, or oil. A boiler must be at least 30 years old, while a furnace must be at least 12 years old.
- Qualifying equipment must be installed and completed Rebate Form and other required documentation must be submitted by the installation and submission deadlines.
- Equipment must be installed within a home with an active residential account.
- Customers receiving the Early Heating Equipment Replacement Rebates are NOT eligible for any other Mass Save or GasNetworks heating and cooling equipment rebates on installed equipment; however, customers are eligible to apply for 0% financing through the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program.
- Rebate is only valid for installations between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. Rebate application must be submitted by January 31, 2019.
- Equipment installation may be subject to a verification inspection.
Well, That Was A Lot of Bullet Points
The bottom line is Greg and Brandon from G&C Plumbing and Heating are here to help get your new heating system installed for the best price possible. Weather it’s financing options with G&C and/or helping your get the maximum on Mass Save rebates, give the guys a call and they’ll make sure your old heater’s last stand is a pleasant memory.